The 9th ICOLD EUROPEAN CLUB SYMPOSIUM will be held in Venice, Italy, on 10 – 12 April 2013.
The aim of the ICOLD European Club is the exchange of information and experiences on matters of common interest, and is pursued by encouraging regular European Symposia and Working Groups about subjects related to the dam design, construction, operation, maintenance and social, environmental and economic aspects of dams and reservoirs. Other eight Symposia have been held since 1993 (Chambery, France). The last Symposium took place in Innsbruck, Austria, in 2010.
The technical contributions for this 9th ICOLD European Club Symposium will be related to the following topics:
- A) Water resources management in Europe
- B) Preservation and development of European hydraulic infrastructure system
- C) An outlook to the future of dams and hydropower: the new challenges
- D) Social/environmental impacts vs. benefits of reservoirs: a still open question
- E) Towards improving and harmonizing dams governance in Europe
Technical visits will be organized on Saturday, April 13th, to dams (including the Vajont dam) and other interesting hydraulic works.